Subject: Re: Look what I built!
To: None <netbsd-users@NetBSD.ORG>
From: MLH <mlh@goathill.org>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 02/11/2004 12:04:50
Simon Burge wrote:

> Thor Lancelot Simon wrote:
>
>> This amuses me; perhaps it will amuse you.  For the curious, the USB
>> serial cables are "Gold-X GXMU-1200"s, and cost $19 each.  This machine
>> won't boot with this giant web plugged into it, but that's a BIOS bug
>> that is, supposedly, being fixed. :-)
>>
>> [ ... ]
>> uplcom15 at uhub4 port 7
>> uplcom15: Prolific Technology PL2303 Serial adapter (ATEN/IOGEAR UC232A),
>> rev 1.10/2.02, addr 21 ucom15 at uplcom15
>
> Someone (Allen Briggs?) reported problems (that I can't recall off the
> top of my head) when trying to use more than one USB serial port at a
> time.  This works OK with more than one ulpcom in use?

uplcom0 at uhub1 port 2
uplcom0: ATEN International Serial adapter, rev 1.10/0.01, addr 2
ucom0 at uplcom0
uhub1: port error, restarting port 2
uhub1: port error, restarting port 2
uhub1: port error, restarting port 2
uplcom1 at uhub1 port 2
uplcom1: ATEN International Serial adapter, rev 1.10/0.01, addr 3
ucom1 at uplcom1

There were some problems getting the second ATEN usb-serial device
to come up, however I have two of these running right now talking
to two old Best FortressIIs.  (These hot-swap ATEN usb-serial
adaptors are pretty neat :^)