Subject: Re: Look what I built!
To: None <tls@rek.tjls.com>
From: Simon Burge <simonb@wasabisystems.com>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 02/11/2004 19:08:57
Thor Lancelot Simon wrote:

> This amuses me; perhaps it will amuse you.  For the curious, the USB
> serial cables are "Gold-X GXMU-1200"s, and cost $19 each.  This machine
> won't boot with this giant web plugged into it, but that's a BIOS bug
> that is, supposedly, being fixed. :-)
>
> [ ... ]
> uplcom15 at uhub4 port 7
> uplcom15: Prolific Technology PL2303 Serial adapter (ATEN/IOGEAR UC232A), rev 1.10/2.02, addr 21
> ucom15 at uplcom15

Someone (Allen Briggs?) reported problems (that I can't recall off the
top of my head) when trying to use more than one USB serial port at a
time.  This works OK with more than one ulpcom in use?

How does this compare price-wise with buying a 16 port serial card?  I'm
not sure of US prices.

And please, don't worry about the picture request :-)

Simon.
NetBSD Support and Service:         http://www.wasabisystems.com/