Subject: Re: missing files in current /xsrc?
To: Brian <bmcewen@comcast.net>
From: Frederick Bruckman <fredb@immanent.net>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 02/10/2004 22:08:02
On Tue, 10 Feb 2004, Brian wrote:

> Is one of the tarballs in the source code for X11 from
> ftp://ftp.NetBSD.org/pub/NetBSD/NetBSD-current/tar_files/xsrc/{files}
> missing some components?
>
> The reason I ask, I get the 5 files, extract them into /usr
>
>   Qube# tar -xf contrib.tar -C /usr
>   Qube# tar -xf local.tar -C /usr
>   Qube# tar -xf top-level.tar -C /usr
>   Qube# tar -xf xfree.tar -C /usr
>   Qube# tar -xf xc.tar -C /usr
>
> but make fails, there's no "xmakefile".

Try "make build". "xmakefile" is generated by "make World" in
"/usr/xsrc/xc", but "make build" does all the steps for you. That's
actually the old way, which'll get you only XFree86 3.3.6...

Or better yet, if you get all the sources, you can try to build
XFree86 4 using the new reachover framework, by adding "-x" to
whatever arguments to "./build.sh" you usually use.

Frederick