Subject: Re: live cd
To: Sascha Retzki <lantis@linux.net>
From: Jeremy C. Reed <reed@reedmedia.net>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 02/09/2004 10:28:40
On Sun, 8 Feb 2004, Sascha Retzki wrote:

> I'd be interested.
> afaik nobody did.

People are interested. I have made several. And bsdmall.com sold my 1.5.3
live CD CD in their boxed set.

> Btw, does NetBSD supports compressed fs-files like Knoppix, for example

I would like to learn more about using compression, but I test on very
slow systems -- and it seems like compressed file systems would get even
slower.

> ? If yes, we could make a Knoppix-like NetBSD-Live-CD.

Knoppix also looks at the linux dynamic devices and then can configure as
needed.

We would need some tool to look at hardware as detected and then start
auto-configuring.

I have a live CD for 1.6.2_RC3 (and soon 1.6.2) which I hope to start
selling for around US$5.00.

   Jeremy C. Reed
   http://bsd.reedmedia.net/