Subject: Re: Creeping PCism...
To: None <netbsd-users@NetBSD.org>
From: Jan Schaumann <jschauma@netmeister.org>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 02/08/2004 20:42:15
--gKMricLos+KVdGMg

Johnny Billquist <bqt@update.uu.se> wrote:
> On Sun, 8 Feb 2004, Christian Biere wrote:
>=20
> >
> > > Don't do that!? It'll be overwritten on the next system update.
> >
> > Huh? How am I supposed to now whether he was referring to his one and o=
nly
> > personal machine or a server with terminals or a single machine with
> > multiple users? That's why I wrote "host-wide".
>=20
> No matter if it was my personal machine, or a server for hundreds of
> users, the fact remains that on the next system update, that fix will be
> lost.

Ugh, you're saying that it's preferable to add something to hundreds or
thousands of individual users files than to make one change in /etc ?

I'd much rather add that file to the list of files that need to be taken
care with when updating then having to fuzz with individual users
preferences.

-Jan

--=20
"I am so amazingly cool you could keep a side of meat in me for a=20
month. I am so hip I have difficulty seeing over my pelvis."

--gKMricLos+KVdGMg

--gKMricLos+KVdGMg--