Subject: Creeping PCism...
To: None <netbsd-users@netbsd.org>
From: Johnny Billquist <bqt@update.uu.se>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 02/08/2004 14:50:59
I've silently watched the creeping PCism for years, but I finally have to
speak out, and ask one thing.

I don't like having ^H as the default for erase, and now it's both in X
and normal shells. Is there an easy way to have something else as default?

And while I'm at it. I also hate having SHIFT toggle the fifth bit, I want
it to always just set it.

I wander between the PC display and keyboard and normal, plain, actual
text terminals, which behave the way god intended them to. And nowadays
the behaviour are starting to drift apart enough to confuse my fingers
(apart from the fact that I think the old behaviour was better).

(And yes, both these changed behaviours originate from Microsoft, or
perhaps IBM, as far as I know.)

	Johnny