Subject: Apology from list maintainer.
To: None <netbsd-users@netbsd.org>
From: Herb Peyerl <hpeyerl@beer.org>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 02/05/2004 08:43:33
It would seem I let through a piece of spam onto the mailing list. Sorry
for that.

A little explanation is warranted.

Since the project doesn't enforce that only subscribers can post to the
lists, the list owners have to read each and every piece of spam that
majordomo bounces.  In my case, fully 60% of my spam originates as
majordomo content bounces. A significant number of these are false
positives that I have to approve.  So since I have to read all of my
spam (which circle of hell is that anyway?) I tend to blow through it
as quickly as possible and this one I approved had some keywords that
went through my visual filters (PPC) and I approved it.

I guess from now on I'll have to carefully read all of my spam instead
of just skimming it.

Sorry.

---
Beheading servers since 1999 -- The PC Weasel! http://www.realweasel.com