Subject: ices or muse for icecast, are any working under BSD?
To: None <netbsd-users@NetBSD.org>
From: Brian <bmcewen@comcast.net>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 01/31/2004 15:37:14
IF anyone has got either ices 0.3, ices 2.0, or muse 0.8.1 working
under BSD (I'm running NetBSD on Cobalt-MIPS) and wants to talk about
setup, please drop me an email off-list and I can send more details.

Icecast2.0  is in pkgsrc and compiles fine, runs fine, is listening on
port 8000 just fine.

However, icecast is  pretty useless without something to stream audio
to it, and I'm unable to get any of the above to compile, although ices
0.3 passes configure.  None of the streaming tools for icecast are in
pkgsrc, although libogg and libvorbis as well as vorbis-tools and
ogg-tools are there (and compile fine on my system).

I had to add a #include to ices 0.3 util.c, but much is not right at
make time.
There's something screwy with the ogg vorbis libraries under BSD,
although the packages above are all installed, ices 2.0 and muse won't
recognize them as correct, even if I try and configure --with-ogg=/path
etc.  They are all 1.0.1, do all the above mentioned streamers require
1.0?   Am I missing something?

Anyway I'm going to give up on it and move on unless someone has got it
functioning and wants to chat, it doesn't seem easily fixable to me at
this time.  I'd rather not set up a Windows box for this, although
binaries for that likely work. (?)

Thanks,

Brian