Subject: Re: PCI MPEG Decompression Card
To: None <netbsd-users@netbsd.org>
From: Ian McIntosh <ianm@cat.co.za>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 01/29/2004 16:47:12
I agree. With today pc's being as quick as they are, software decompression
is very good.

However I am looking at having the card decompress to an analogue output,
like a video monitor.
In that case the PCI bandwidth should not be too large as the compressed
data is going on the
bus and not the decompressed data. I don't really want to get the
decompressed data back along
the PCI bus.

However if even these cards are also hard to come by then I may have a bit
of a problem.... :-)

Ian