Subject: Re: mrtg without x11
To: netbsd-users@NetBSD.org <netbsd-users@NetBSD.org>
From: Christian Biere <christianbiere@gmx.de>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 01/28/2004 19:05:46
--n8g4imXOkfNTN/H1

Antoine Jacoutot wrote:
> checking for gdImageGif in -lgd... no
> checking for gdImagePng in -lgd... no
> checking for gdImagePng_jpg in -lgd... no
> checking for gdImagePng_jpg_ft in -lgd... no
> checking for gdImageGd in -lgd... no
> checking gd.h usability... yes
> checking gd.h presence... yes
> checking for gd.h... yes
=20
> ** Ooops, one of many bad things happened:

That one is easy. Same procedure as every configure. Look in config.log
and grep for the last occurence of "fail". This will usually explain
what went wrong. In this case the problem is the missing library "ttf".
You didn't delete net/mrtg/patches/patch-aa which I mentioned in my
first mail.

> Do you think I should ask the pkgsrc mrtg/gd maintainers to make there
> packages compiled without X11 if an mk option is set ?

Sure. However, I'm not sure whether pkgsrc scales with too many
options because it causes different PLISTs and it would be much work
to make PLISTs for every possible combination of build options. I
can live with mismatching PLISTs but most people would probably
dislike it. Anyhow, this is wrong list to discuss this. tech-pkg
would be appropriate and it might have been discussed there already.

[BTW, I'm subscribed to the list and don't need a carbon copy, nor
 will I respond any faster. Thanks.]

--=20
Christian

--n8g4imXOkfNTN/H1