Subject: Problem with RAIDframe during system shutdown
To: None <netbsd-users@netbsd.org>
From: Matthias Scheler <tron@zhadum.de>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 01/24/2004 14:50:14
	Hello,

my server has all its partition on a big RAIDframe mirror located on two
IDE disk. For the second in a row a system shutdown - I use the command
"shutdown -p now" - didn't complete. It got stuck after printing out the
"syncing disks" message. I had therefore to power it off ungracefully.
When I powered it up again it did not only check all filesystems but
also resync the RAID which takes nearly two hours to complete. This is
of cource very annoying.

Has anybody else experience similar problems?

	Kind regards

P.S. Yes, I've got "swapoff=YES" in "/etc/rc.conf".

--
Matthias Scheler                                  http://scheler.de/~matthias/