Subject: Re: sendmail 8.10.12 config'd properly at install from pkgsrc?
To: None <netbsd-users@NetBSD.org>
From: henry nelson <netb@irm.nara.kindai.ac.jp>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 01/23/2004 09:17:39
On Thu, Jan 22, 2004 at 11:15:40AM -0800, Cliff Wright wrote:
> some other lines that could be added:
> define(`confTO_IDENT', `0')dnl
> FEATURE(`accept_unqualified_senders')dnl
> FEATURE(`accept_unresolvable_domains')dnl

My physical set-up seems similar to that described in the original post.
I can get mail off of the private network, basically doing what you have
suggested, but for the life of me, I can't seem to mail around _within_
the private lan.  What are the FEATUREs I need to do this?  I probably
should mention that I still haven't gotten around to setting up DNS inside
the private network, and simply list all the machines in /etc/hosts.

The only way I could get it to work was to use these in the *.mc file:
   define(`confDONT_PROBE_INTERFACES',true)
   Dw`machinename'
   Dm`domainname'
   define(`confDOMAIN_NAME',`$w.$m')
   FEATURE(always_add_domain)
   Cw`privatelan-machinename.privatelan-domainname'
   MASQUERADE_AS(`domainname')
   MASQUERADE_DOMAIN(`privatelan-domainname')
   FEATURE(`masquerade_entire_domain')
   FEATURE(`masquerade_envelope')
   FEATURE(`accept_unqualified_senders')
   define(`SMART_HOST',`smtp:[mailhub.domainname]')
   define(`LOCAL_RELAY',`privatelan-machinename.privatelan-domainname')
   MAILER(local)
   MAILER(smtp)

Is it the `` FEATURE(`accept_unresolvable_domains') '' that I'm missing, or
did I bung something up in the *.mc file above?

[BTW, I did come up with a hack to Ruleset 96 of m4/proto.m4 to allow me
to mail to someuser@privatelan-machinename.privatelan-domainname, but I'd
just as soon not use it if there's a "correct" way of doing it:

henry nelson