Subject: Re: difficulty using cvs to retrieve security patches
To: None <netbsd-users@NetBSD.org>
From: Christian Biere <christianbiere@gmx.de>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 01/23/2004 00:51:45
--3V7upXqbjpZ4EhLz

Anne Bennett wrote:
>   cd /usr/src
>   cvs update -d -P -r netbsd-1-6 dist/bind usr.sbin/bind
=20
>   anoncvs.netbsd.org: Connection refused

You probably forgot to set CVS_RSH to ssh. AFAIK, future version will
default to ssh but currently it uses rsh as default.

>  -> Starting server: rsh anoncvs.netbsd.org -l anoncvs cvs server=20

Right: rsh.
=20
> At some point in my experimentation I discovered something that suggested
> I had to use the "pserver" method (whatever that is), so I tried this:

The disadvantage of pserver is that it uses an unencrypted and unauthentica=
ted
connections. So it's more probable that you downloaded data is corrupted
or you're even download from the wrong server. You also have to do
cvs -d:pserver:anoncvs@anoncvs.netbsd.org:/cvsroot before you can use
update or checkout but I guess you did that.

> I tried to retrieve files mentioned in several different advisories, but
> got either "No such file or directory" or "is no longer in the repository"
> in each case.

Did you try "cvs up -dPr netbsd-1-6 ." in both directories?

--=20
Christian

--3V7upXqbjpZ4EhLz

--3V7upXqbjpZ4EhLz--