Subject: Linksys BEFSR41 with DHCP and NetBSD 1.6.1
To: None <netbsd-users@NetBSD.org>
From: Camilo Mendoza <camilomendoza@ideassistemas.com>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 01/22/2004 09:18:08

------=_NextPart_000_0077_01C3E0C8.A62E5080

Well it's been a long week trying to configure everything to run exactly =
as the Win machine, so let me start from the beginning.=20

I have 2 PC's connected to a Linksys router and that is connected to a =
ADSL modem, now the instructions for Windows says that everything should =
be set in automatic (IP, DNS, etc) so basically all you should do is =
connect the cable from the PC to the router and everything will work and =
of course it did. So after having everything working ok with the Windows =
machine I decided to install on one of the PC's NetBSD and started the =
process of having everything working (and let me say that pkgsrc left me =
drooling :-) ) well after all that I got Apache with PHP and MySQL and =
Postgre running, also since I can use pkgsrc and ping anything I assume =
that I wont have any problem viewing web pages, although I only have =
xwindow right now and no web browser setup. But my problem is that I am =
not able to access the NetBSD machine thru it's hostname I can do it =
find with the IP but if I try from my Windows PC to access a web page =
using the hostname then it's a no go. The NetBSD machine will be my =
developing server and will only be visible on the local LAN (yes my 2 =
machines), ins't the Linksys router supposed to resolv the IP and =
hostname issue? any ideas or suggestions greatly appreciated :-)

------=_NextPart_000_0077_01C3E0C8.A62E5080

<HTML><HEAD>
charset=3Diso-8859-1">
<STYLE></STYLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY bgColor=3D#ffffff>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Well it's been a long week trying to =
configure=20
everything to run exactly as the Win machine, so let me start from the=20
beginning. </FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>I have 2 PC's connected to a Linksys =
router and=20
that is connected to a ADSL modem, now the instructions for Windows says =
that=20
everything should be set in automatic (IP, DNS, etc) so basically all =
you should=20
do is connect the cable from the PC to the router and everything will =
work and=20
of course it did. So after having everything working ok with the Windows =
machine=20
I decided to install on one of the PC's NetBSD and started the process =
of having=20
everything working (and let me say that pkgsrc left me drooling :-) ) =
well after=20
all that I got Apache with PHP and MySQL and Postgre running, also since =
I can=20
use pkgsrc and ping anything I assume that I wont have any problem =
viewing web=20
pages, although I only have xwindow right now and no web browser setup. =
But my=20
problem is that I am not able to access the NetBSD machine thru it's =
hostname I=20
can do it find with the IP but if I try from my Windows PC to access a =
web page=20
using the hostname then it's a no go. The NetBSD machine will be my =
developing=20
server and will only be visible on the local LAN (yes my 2 machines), =
ins't the=20
Linksys router supposed to resolv the IP and hostname issue? any ideas =
or=20
suggestions greatly appreciated :-)</FONT></DIV></BODY></HTML>

------=_NextPart_000_0077_01C3E0C8.A62E5080--