Subject: Re: Kernel fault at startup
To: None <netbsd-users@NetBSD.org>
From: Christian Biere <christianbiere@gmx.de>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 01/21/2004 03:30:38
--5mCyUwZo2JvN/JJP

Roman Kennke wrote:
> One other thing: the kernel always steps down the hd and cdrom from UDMA2
> (which my drives and controller should do) to PIO4. This is annoying,
> because it takes some time and slows down the box. I know that DMA works
> for both the DVD drive and HD, but I also know that this is tricky. In

> Is there a way to get this working?

To enforce certain DMA settings you have to compile your own kernel. See
GENERIC_LAPTOP and look for DMA. You can enforce settings for the
controller and the drives themselves. You should know what you're doing,
though. Of course, you can also download a kernel from releng.netbsd.org
to check whether your problem has already been fixed in -current.

--=20
Christian

--5mCyUwZo2JvN/JJP

--5mCyUwZo2JvN/JJP--