Subject: Re: NetBSD on root-server
To: Waldemar Brodkorb <wbx@luusa.org>
From: Martin Husemann <martin@duskware.de>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 01/20/2004 12:25:38
On Tue, Jan 20, 2004 at 12:06:03PM +0100, Waldemar Brodkorb wrote:
> What install image can be used?
> I have a 512 MB swap partition and tried to use
> boot-big.fs and boot-com1.fs (write it with dd).

These are floppy images. Apparently the i386 port does not create a suitable
"miniroot" image as some other ports do - probably because there has not
been much demand yet.

It would be easy to add though (it is created anyway and embeded into the
kernel on the floppy images).

You could download source on another computer and cross-compile a NetBSD
release, then pick up the "miniroot.fs" created, transfer that to the
root server, dd onto swap partition and boot it - then install the official
sets or your home made ones.

Martin