Subject: NetBSD on root-server
To: None <netbsd-users@NetBSD.org>
From: Waldemar Brodkorb <wbx@luusa.org>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 01/20/2004 12:06:03
Hi,

I'm very new to NetBSD, but familiar with other BSD-like
or Linux systems.
I would like to install and use NetBSD on my root-server.
SuSE Linux is preinstalled, and I have remote-access
via serial console.

What would be the best way to install NetBSD remotely?

I have installed grub, because it can boot a netbsd
kernel. Grub works fine and logs via serial device.

What install image can be used?
I have a 512 MB swap partition and tried to use
boot-big.fs and boot-com1.fs (write it with dd).

But this doesn't work, I get no messages.

Anyone installed NetBSD remotely on a root-server?

thx in advance for any hints
    Waldemar

--
8485 D0CE 2743 656E 867C  5C93 0317 AFD8 BE21 BD90

echo "gpg-key"|mail -s "send public key" wbx@luusa.org