Subject: Re: menu-creator
To: None <reed@reedmedia.net>
From: Roman Kennke <roman@ontographics.com>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 01/19/2004 15:16:57
>> I am looking for a tool that creates WM menu entries for installed
>> applications. Something like the 'menu' package in Debian would be
>> fine. I
>
> I know of three different menu tools: mine (which was discussed on
> tech-pkg list long ago and PR'd 18168), Wojciech Puchar (maybe last
> April, start with
> http://mail-index.netbsd.org/tech-pkg/2003/04/08/0003.html), and jmmv's
> http://menu2wm.sourceforge.net/

Thank you. At first glance, your approach seems to be the most
useful/flexible, as it allows each window manager package to supply a
script for creating menu-entries and each application package to request
such an entry for itself.
Is this already working? If yes, is it in the pkgsrc or do I have to apply
your patches? And if its not in pkgsrc, why not?
Cheers, Roman