Subject: Re: vnode usage and reclaimation - feels like deadlocking
To: None <tls@rek.tjls.com>
From: Stephen Jones <smj@cirr.com>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 01/16/2004 17:44:19
On Jan 16, 2004, at 5:16 PM, Thor Lancelot Simon wrote:
> Vnodes are recycled.  You're almost certainly looking at some kind of
> locking or synchronization bug.

That is what the manpage says, so is this a known bug?  Is there a PR
associated with it?
What sort of information would I need to collect in order to help the
developers nail this?

I've already isolated to which lockinit() (there are two) (line 538) in
the vfs_subr.c but I have
no way to finding the vnode address from the debugger.

What would be a good price to put  on this bug's head?  $1000? $1500?
With access to a machine
with crash dumps.  Its not an easy job, I know.  There are very few
people who could actually
identify the problem let alone code a fix.