Subject: Routing problem in 1.6.1?
To: None <netbsd-users@netbsd.org>
From: Jonathan Neill <TYR124840@tyler.net>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 01/16/2004 00:05:28
I had earlier sent an email to netbsd-help@netbsd.org stating that dhclient
was not functioning properly. In actuality, it seems to be behaving itself
(after some investigation into the problem and a minor tweak); it configures
the interface properly and does actually obtain a lease (I checked in the
router's client table, it shows up). I have the route setup properly (I
think) also:

route add default 192.168.1.1

and the interface is basically

ifconfig sip0 192.168.1.101 netmask 192.168.1.255

(although dhclient handles it fine)

However, I cannot even ping the router or get any network response AT ALL. I
am utterly at a loss as to how to fix it. FreeBSD's basic install worked
dhcp-wise with no special configuration, and NetBSD SEEMS to be configuring
itself properly but just isn't getting the packets there.

The card should be fine, since I ran some pretty heavy transfers testing
under FreeBSD; it's a Netgear FA311 (sip0) running at 100baseTX full duplex.

/etc/resolv.conf is not being updated by dhclient, I'm not sure if it
should, but /var/db/dhclient.leases is fully filled-in with correct
information.

(Please CC to TYR124840@tyler.net)