Subject: Re: mozilla + gtk2
To: Schamil Wackenhut <sw@wacke.org>
From: Chris Wareham <chris.wareham@iosystems.co.uk>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 01/05/2004 16:25:07
Schamil Wackenhut wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I run 1.6.1 and just installed mozilla and gaim from the current pkgsrc.
> Now the problem is, when i start gaim i see antialiased fonts (gtk2) and
> mozilla shows only "normal" (non-antialiased) fonts. How do i get them
> in mozilla?
>
> tia,
> schamil

As someone else has pointed out, to get anti-aliased fonts in mozilla,
you need to set MOZILLA_USE_XFT=YES in /etc/mk.conf. Mozilla still
defaults to using GTK+ version 1.2.x for its native widgets, but you can
build it with GTK+ 2.x.x.

Apply the pkgsrc patches to the source for Mozilla, add the following
to a file called .mozconfig in the toplevel source directory:

ac_add_options --disable-tests
ac_add_options --disable-debug
ac_add_options --disable-pedantic
ac_add_options --enable-optimize=-Os
ac_add_options --without-system-nspr
ac_add_options --with-system-zlib=/usr
ac_add_options --with-system-jpeg=/usr/pkg
ac_add_options --with-system-png=/usr/pkg
ac_add_options --disable-mathml
ac_add_options --disable-svg
ac_add_options --disable-calendar
ac_add_options --enable-crypto
ac_add_options --enable-default-toolkit=gtk2
ac_add_options --enable-xft

And then build using the instructions on www.mozilla.org.

I've been using Mozilla 1.6b built on a NetBSD -current machine for a
month or so, and it has proved very stable.

Chris
--
chris.wareham@iosystems.co.uk (work)
chris.wareham@btopenworld.com (home)