Subject: Re: Blinkenlights [Re: NetBSD at the 20th Chaos Communications Congress]
To: Lubomir Sedlacik <salo@Xtrmntr.org>
From: Stefan Schumacher <stefan@net-tex.de>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 01/03/2004 11:04:50
--wRRV7LY7NUeQGEoC

* Lubomir Sedlacik (salo@Xtrmntr.org) wrote:
=20
> On Fri, Jan 02, 2004 at 11:21:06PM +0100, Hubert Feyrer wrote:
> >=20
> > One of the main attractions at 20C3 was the Blinkenlights project, a
> > skyscraper front turned into a monitor with the windows being the pixel=
s.
> > Here are a few movies:
> >  * http://stud4.tuwien.ac.at/~e0127046/images/20C3/blinken_lights1.avi
> >  * http://stud4.tuwien.ac.at/~e0127046/images/20C3/blinken_lights2.avi
>=20
> also, during the congress i imported few packages related to
> Blinkenlights.  namely emulators/blinkensim, graphics/blinkenthemes,
> graphics/blinkentools, devel/blib and misc/blccc.

At CCCamp I had a little discussion with some of the Blinkenlights Crew
and they are using NetBSD on some machines running MiniBlinkenlights :-)

>  - stare (note that the real thing is *much* more exciting ;)

there is a pretty cool video available at:
ftp://ftp.ccc.de/blinkenlights/video/

--=20
If you think technology can solve your security problems,=20
then you don't understand the problems and you don't understand the technol=
ogy.

Bruce Schneier

--wRRV7LY7NUeQGEoC

--wRRV7LY7NUeQGEoC--