Subject: Re: SCCS, CSSC
To: NetBSD User's Discussion List <netbsd-users@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Richard Rauch <rkr@olib.org>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 12/31/2003 15:53:15
On Tue, Dec 30, 2003 at 02:49:24AM -0500, Greg A. Woods wrote:
 [...]
> 	cvs -d :pserver:anoncvs@anoncvs.FreeBSD.org:/home/ncvs projects
>
> Within you'll find the result of work to make the "original" SCCS work
> on a modern 4BSD-based system.

I'll hang onto that in case I ever get the urge.  (^&

 [...]
> GNU CSSC is now remarkably complete, contrary to the claims in some of
> its documentation, and it's remarkably compatible with not just the
 [...]

Ah.  Well, not being an SCCS user, I can only appreciate this in the
abstract.  But this, combined with the above implication that the "real"
SCCS doesn't play well on modern systems, helps explain why someone
made a package of CSSC but not SCCS.

Thanks.