Subject: Compact flash devices and the WDC device.
To: None <netbsd-users@NetBSD.org>
From: John Clark <j1clark@ucsd.edu>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 12/22/2003 23:38:57
I tried using a PCMCIA compact flash reader device with a 256MB
capacity, and was unable to find the appropriate device to mount.

When I put the PCMCIA card in, the kernel seem to recognize the
status, emitted a mesasge about finding a 256 MB CF device, and
seemed to indicate 'wd1' was associated with the device.

However when I attempted to do:

mount -t msdos /dev/wd1a /mnt/cf

(or 'wd1')

I got a message of 'device not configured'.

So, I also built a recent cvs'ed version of the kernel with
nearly the same results.

So the question is, what is the appropriate kernel build
options and/or what is the correct mount command to
use the CF device to get images from various cameras,
which format the CF devices as a variation of some
msdos (fat/vfat) file structure.

Thanks
John Clark