Subject: Re: grab my sound ?
To: None <netbsd-users@NetBSD.org>
From: Rafal Boni <rafal@pobox.com>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 12/22/2003 16:10:31
In message <20031222183429.GE23009@blef.org>, you write:

-> On 12/22 13:28, Russell McManus wrote:
-> > It is not packaged, but I modified a tool called ripit (originally
-> > designed for FreeBSD and Linux) to work on my NetBSD installation.
-> >
-> > The cool part about this program is that it looks up the track
-> > information from an online database before ripping the tracks, so that
-> > all the disc metadata is available for xmms, etc.
->
-> audio/abcde was mentioned earlier, and it does this as well.

Having used both Ripit and abcde, abcde is like definitely the Cadillac of
ripping-automation tools -- it's configuration lets you customize just about
everything, and I vastly prefer doing it in a config file vs. editing the
script like I had to do with versions of Ripit.

--rafal

----
Rafal Boni                                                     rafal@pobox.com
  We are all worms.  But I do believe I am a glowworm.  -- Winston Churchill