Subject: Re: Kernel Configuration - any easy way?
To: None <netbsd-users@NetBSD.org>
From: Chuck Yerkes <chuck+nbsd@2003.snew.com>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 12/19/2003 02:58:21
Is there a compelling reason to change from the (easier to support)
GENERIC?

In the non-embedded world, any post 1998 machine will not be
notably quicker for removing unused modules.  If you save 100k
on a 128MB machine is it worth the effort?

(and google around for "dmassage" which someone did for openbsd.
Close, perhaps adaptable).

Quoting J. Buck Caldwell (netbsd1@bitparts.org):