Subject: Re: NetBSD on Fujitsu-Siemens Celsius
To: None <netbsd-users@netbsd.org>
From: Jan Schaumann <jschauma@netmeister.org>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 12/15/2003 16:36:40
--UoPmpPX/dBe4BELn

Knappe@tu-harburg.de wrote:
=20
> 3) Install NetBSD and try the same as 2)
>=20
> So the question is, how well supported are Matlab and Vmware for NetBSD.
> Or because I don't think there will be native versions, what about running
> them
> in the Linuxemulation?

I'm running Matlab 6.5R13 on our NetBSD/i386 machines under Linux
emulation and have done so for a while.  It performs quite well and
we've been running it for a long time.  See
http://www.netbsd.org/gallery/in-Action/, third screenshot. :-)

> Do I have to use current for all of this?

If you want to use the matlab graphical interface, then yes.  It's
written in java, so you need a JVM, and IIRC only a Sun JVM will suffice
for matlab.  The Linux-Emulation is a heck of a lot better in -current
than in 1.6.1, so you really will want to do that.

-Jan

--=20
http://www.ncadp.org

--UoPmpPX/dBe4BELn