Subject: NetBSD on Fujitsu-Siemens Celsius
To: None <netbsd-users@netbsd.org>
From: None <Knappe@tu-harburg.de>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 12/15/2003 22:26:07
                                Hallo!

I will get a new machine at work within the next days.
Apart from the normal use this machine will be used for
Matlab and some other simulation programs (only running on Windows).

So, I have 3 possibilites:
1) Install WinXP
Everything will work

2) Install Gentoo
For Matlab I will use the Linuxversion and for the other programs I will
install Vmware4 und XP. This setup runs on a machine of a colleague.

3) Install NetBSD and try the same as 2)

So the question is, how well supported are Matlab and Vmware for NetBSD.
Or because I don't think there will be native versions, what about running
them
in the Linuxemulation?

The machine itself:
P4 2.8GHz HT
1GB PC400 ECC
i875P chip set
Nvidia Quadro4 580GXL 64MB DH
Gigabit Ethernet and sound onboard

Do I have to use current for all of this?

Ciao , Frank .