Subject: Re: cvs 1.11.10 will be imported
To: None <tech-userlevel@netbsd.org, netbsd-users@netbsd.org>
From: Thor Lancelot Simon <tls@rek.tjls.com>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 12/12/2003 17:20:42
On Sat, Dec 13, 2003 at 07:03:28AM +0900, Jun-ichiro itojun Hagino wrote:

> 	as far as i see there's no real diff between 1.11.5 and 1.11.10 wrt
> 	calls to zlib; i'm interested in seeing that commit message.  anyways,

I'll try to dig it up.  It may not happen today.

> 	if there's fix to cvs-to-zlib call in between 1.11.5 to 1.11.10,
> 	why do i have to be blamed publically for upgrading thirdparty software?
> 	i'm fixing bugs and get blamed.  it's not fair.

As far as I can tell, you've spent more messages in this thread complaining
about being "blamed" -- including one that had LINES OF SHOUTING in it --
than anyone has actually spend "blaming" you, if indeed any "blame" has
been assessed at all.  Really, nobody is out to get you; but in the real
world, one must expect to have technical decisions questioned by others, who
may have different opinions than oneself.

It might help if you provided more than a couple of minutes of notice before
committing changes like this, or at least explained why you felt that you
could not do so, if you felt that you could not do so.  You have quite a
history of committing changes on extremely short notice or over the
objections of others, and many people have asked you to moderate this
behaviour, so it should not be so surprising to you that others feel that
you are antagonizing them when you engage in it, even if you have good
reasons -- particularly if you don't state them.