Subject: Recoverable Network File System?
To: NetBSD User's Discussion List <>
From: Sean J. Schluntz <>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 12/11/2003 13:00:13
I've been looking for a file system I can use to support a number of
different servers.  Historically NFS has been the close enough answer,
but this time I would like a way to fail over from one server to
another if there is a problem.

Coda supports server replication and (mostly) seamless fail-over, but I
have yet to see a single glowing review of it (usually it's "mostly
works").  Are there any other alternatives that NetBSD supports, or is
there anyone out there who is happy with their CODA implementation?  I
don't need or even want client caching and stuff like that.

Sean J. Schluntz
Sr. Security Consultant                                        Work of