Subject: Re: ISDN dialup problem (Network is down)
To: None <netbsd-users@NetBSD.org>
From: Torsten Sadowski <moehl@akaflieg.extern.tu-berlin.de>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 12/09/2003 22:50:32
Thank you. that solved it. But it is contrary to the NetBSD documentation
which says for ifconfig:

inet 0.0.0.0 0.0.0.1 link1 down

and for isdnd.rc:

autoupdown=no

for non flatrate connections. If I understand things right, I have to
allow autoupdown.
The bad behaved application holding the line open was named which I set up
for a caching nameserver (NetBSD Guide)and which happily chatted with
every other nameserver it could get. A hint to make named less talkative
would be appreciated because my old router is still active and the
smalltalk will cost me some Euros.

Torsten