Subject: Re: Locale setting for ISO 8601 date formats
To: NetBSD User's Discussion List <netbsd-users@netbsd.org>
From: Brian de Alwis <bsd@cs.ubc.ca>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 12/03/2003 15:56:16
On 2003.12.03 17:57:42 -0500, Greg A. Woods wrote:
> Are you certain thout that this particular application is using "%x"?
> Are you also certain this application is calling setlocale(3)?

For the application where it annoys me, I'm 100% positive.

> I've just noticed/remembered that not only does NetBSD not (yet) come
> with any LC_TIME definitions, and NetBSD's setlocale(3) completely, and
> silently ignores all of the LC_* categories except LC_CTYPE and
> LC_MESSAGES, even in -current.

Oh well.  Not the answer I (or anybody, I'd wager) wanted to hear,
but it's an answer at least.

Thanks.

Brian.

--
     Brian de Alwis | Graduate student | Software Practices Lab | UBC
"Passivity & cynicism have always come easily to the educated." - Ed Broadbent