Subject: Re: Running services without root-privileges
To: Jeremy C. Reed <reed@reedmedia.net>
From: Louis Guillaume <lguillaume@berklee.edu>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 12/03/2003 00:02:54

> pkgsrc is made to be cross-platform. I use it on several Linux machines
> for 14 months now. (In fact, my linux-kernel, glibc, everything, is in
> pkgsrc.)

Jeremy - are these packages available in an anonymously accessible cvs
repository somewhere?

Frankly, I'm so fed up with Linux packaging and distribution issues that
I'd just as well not use it at all. But of course the need for Linux
always comes up in one form or another.

Also how do you deal with packages that would be part of the "base"
"comps" "text" "etc" etc. sets in NetBSD (i.e. the stuff in /usr/src)
and the kernel sources?

This is a very interesting concept - a potential pkgsrc/Linux
distribution, perhaps? It would be a dream come true.

Louis