Subject: Locale setting for ISO 8601 date formats
To: None <netbsd-users@netbsd.org>
From: Brian de Alwis <bsd@cs.ubc.ca>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 12/02/2003 20:39:12
This may be a stupid question, but I've tried to figure this
out on several occasions with no success.  I have an application
that uses strftime(3) to display dates using the locale's setting.
But this comes out as MM/DD/YY.  I'd really rather use the ISO 8601
format, YY/MM/DD.  What do I need to set LC_TIME to accomplish this?
Or do I need to configure and install my own locale?

Thanks.
(I'm running -current, if that matters)

--
     Brian de Alwis | Graduate student | Software Practices Lab | UBC
"Passivity & cynicism have always come easily to the educated." - Ed Broadbent