Subject: Re: 1.6.1 cgd panics
To: None <netbsd-users@netbsd.org>
From: Jorgen Lundman <lundman@lundman.net>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 11/29/2003 14:02:50
I have just tried a -current kernel, Nov 22nd to be exact. It verntured better
in that it stayed up for nearly 5 days, but on Sat at 04:30 it died. (Thats when
weekly runs no?)

If it paniced and rebooted it woul dbe nice, but it does not. Rsponds to ping,
and you can connect to ports listening but no IO comes through. (No ssh greeting
etc).

Not sure why weekly manages to kill it two weeks in a row (first 1.6.1 kernel,
now the -current kernel). Sure it does the updatedb call, but I modified it not
to find on the cgd devices, so its only scanning a normal 1.6.1 boot partition.

(I do my own updatedb on the crypt disks every hour!)

Are there any known issues with cgd at all?  Anyone have a patch to make the
kernel reboot when it see's a magic MASK in a ping packet?:)

Lund

--
Jorgen Lundman       | <lundman@lundman.net>
Unix Administrator   | +81 (0)3 -5456-2687 ext 1017 (work)