Subject: Re: releng.netbsd.org
To: None <netbsd-users@netbsd.org>
From: Jeremy C. Reed <reed@reedmedia.net>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 11/19/2003 09:21:28
On Wed, 19 Nov 2003, Hernani wrote:

> Is there a similar "project" as releng.netbsd.org but
> instead of the pre-compiled NetBSD-current base system
> with precompiled packages of the current pkgsrc applications?

There are a few pkgsrc developers that do bulk builds with the latest
pkgsrc, but I don't know if they want to officially use their servers for
downloads.

I don't know of any server that is publically available for the latest
packages.

On Wed, 19 Nov 2003, Byron Servies wrote:

> See the section on 'Installing package.'  Basically, you run:
>
> #pkg_add
> ftp://ftp.NetBSD.org/pub/NetBSD/packages/<os_release>/<arch>/<type>/
> <package>

That still has old packages. (In fact, it appears it has an insecure
package too.)

   Jeremy C. Reed
   http://www.reedmedia.net/