Subject: nfs performance
To: None <netbsd-users@netbsd.org>
From: Jan Schaumann <jschauma@netmeister.org>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 11/13/2003 22:04:57
--/Uq4LBwYP4y1W6pO

Hi all,

I think I'm finally fed up having to rely on a commercial vendor for our
main file server (currently an Irix machine), and given that it's about
8 years old, I'll be looking at a replacement at some point in the
not-too-distant future anyway.  Now I would really like to replace it
with a NetBSD machine, but I seem to recall that supposedly NetBSD does
not perform as well as an NFS server compared to Irix.

Does anybody out there have any reasonable benchmark tests or any other
input wrt to NetBSD's NFS performance?

The server I would put in place would be the main file- (NIS, NFS),
mail- and web server for about 80 clients and some 3000 users.

Thanks,
-Jan

--=20
Life," said Marvin, "don't talk to me about life."

--/Uq4LBwYP4y1W6pO

--/Uq4LBwYP4y1W6pO--