Subject: Re: Silly way to waste bits, ongoing.
To: Ron Roskens <roskens@elfin.net>
From: Richard Rauch <rkr@olib.org>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 11/13/2003 12:57:30
Re. http://mail-index.netbsd.org/netbsd-users/2003/11/13/0009.html

Do you want me to bump your count to 8 in the database, then?  (^&

I don't think that I have the time or energy to maintain a database entry
(manually) for a machine that moves about on a daily basis (and a daily
commute doesn't generally register unless you zoom in a lot).  But if I
automate the database...  (Something that I should do anyway.  Get a
wireless Internet access for your laptop and a GPS device, and maybe
I'll work out how to automate this end so that your laptop can send
me updates when it moves.  (^&)

I had more in mind someone who moves their machine around long distances
somewhere on the order of weeks or months.

If you *are* moving the laptop in long arcs, though, I can manage that
without automated work...  Let me know.