Subject: Re: Silly way to waste bits, ongoing.
To: Richard Rauch <rkr@olib.org>
From: Gilbert Fernandes <gilbertf@netbsd-fr.org>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 11/13/2003 18:33:25
On Thu, Nov 13, 2003 at 01:47:10AM -0600, Richard Rauch wrote:

> The database hasn't exactly taken off, but it hasn't vanished, either.
> (^&

:)

maybe we can improve this. a database of users per
itself is not that interesting but.. if we can add
information to it, valuable information, more people
might be interested.

for example, maps should have dots for local user
groups and be clickable so it jumps/pops to the
name and address of the local user group.

some people might accept to become what i call the
"local guru". if you don't know netbsd and want
to install it, learn from it why not find someone
near your home that could come and do the install
for you and teach you in exchange for a dinner
and/or some beverages ? :)

so in each town or local area people could find
their nearest local guru and ask for help or
teaching. i already do that myself but mostly
for friends or friends's friends that know i offer
current/stable netbsd installations and teaching
about it in my area (west of paris).

so we need to add precious information to your
database so it gets a value to be used. i would
start with local user groups, then ask people
to volunteer as local guru*

[*] the term "guru" is here used as its
    general meaning, not self claiming (:

> I'd love to have more entries.  (^&