Subject: Re: Problem logging in when in more than 16 groups
To: <>
From: David Laight <david@l8s.co.uk>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 11/11/2003 09:28:33
On Tue, Nov 11, 2003 at 10:13:52AM +0100, Ignatios Souvatzis wrote:
> On Tue, Nov 11, 2003 at 12:01:32AM +0000, David Laight wrote:
> > NetBSD only supports 16 login groups, 'current' has been fixed to
> > ignore any other groups.
> >
> > Maybe, one day, the maximum will be something other than a compile-time
> > kernel constant (IIRC, at least some utilities have to be built with
> > the same constant!)
>
> isn't the problem, for example, within the NFS protocol?

They do have a limit (it might even be 8!), but NFS does allow the
group list to be truncated..... and, IIRC, we have code that does that.

Actually NFS could retry a failed request with the next block of gids.
(it might even be possible to guess the correct set...)

	David

--
David Laight: david@l8s.co.uk