Subject: Odd behavior with zsh on Sparc64 Netbsd 1.6
To: None <netbsd-users@netbsd.org>
From: Sam Nicholson <scion+netbsd-users@webrelay.net>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 11/05/2003 14:21:58
Sometime after installation and config of a Sun AXi
system (headless) with 1.6, and making zsh in /usr/pkgsrc,
and setting zsh as my login shell, the behavior of zsh
4.0.6 changed.

Upon ssh-ing into the system, instead of one prompt
per newline, it now requires two, and the prompts are
separated by a blank line.

It may well be bad hardware, as I can't seem to make
other systems do this.  But that's a fairly odd way for
hardware problems to make themselves known.  Other
shells on the system behave OK.

As noted, zsh works fine on other systems, so a hardware
swap is possible.  But I wonder if anyone else has seen
that problem?

-sam