Subject: Re: Problem with CR/LF Printing Text to HP LaserJet--Progress
To: None <netbsd-users@netbsd.org>
From: Wolfgang S. Rupprecht <wolfgang+gnus20031023T092932@wsrcc.com>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 10/23/2003 09:38:23
woods@weird.com (Greg A. Woods) writes:
> Why not use "lpd -r" and then he can use an input or output filter with
> a remote printer?  I haven't tried this myself, but I looked briefly at
> the code after it was suggested the first time on this thread and it
> does seem on first glance that it should work.

I'm seeing a minor problem with "lpd -r".  It looks like any filter
error for a remote printer will get me 4 identical email messages that
my print job failed when the filters come up with an error.

(This *might* be due to screwed up file permissions and suid bits
here.  I hadn't built using "build.sh -U" before and managed to
install the plain unprivileged files without the chown/chmod pass to
fix up permissions.)

-wolfgang
--
Wolfgang S. Rupprecht 		     http://www.wsrcc.com/wolfgang/
           The From: address is valid.  Don't mess with it.