Subject: Help with disklabel
To: None <netbsd-users@netbsd.org>
From: None <skidmore@macconnection.net>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 10/19/2003 02:11:35
I have just installed NetBSD 1.6.1 on a mac68k running on a Mac SE/30.

I would like to use an external SCSI Iomega zip drive as a backup device
to store various configuration files.  I have successfully formatted the
disk with 'Mkfs', but am really having problems with disklabel.  I have
read the man pages, but would still appreciate some help.

I would like to devote the entire disk to a single BSD file system.  Below
is the description of the disk from disklabel.  Could someone please walk me
through the commands to accomplish this.

Thanks,
Barry

# /dev/sd1a:
type: SCSI
disk: ZIP 100
label: fictitious
flags:
bytes/sector: 512
sectors/track: 32
tracks/cylinder: 64
sectors/cylinder: 2048
cylinders: 96
total sectors: 196608
rpm: 3600
interleave: 1
trackskew: 0
cylinderskew: 0
headswitch: 0		# microseconds
track-to-track seek: 0	# microseconds
drivedata: 0

7 partitions:
#        size    offset     fstype  [fsize bsize cpg/sgs]
 a:       400       421    unknown                      # (Cyl.    0*- 0*)
 b:    195787       821     4.2BSD      0     0     0   # (Cyl.    0*- 95)
 c:    196608         0     unused      0     0         # (Cyl.    0 - 95)
 g:        10        11     4.2BSD      0     0     0   # (Cyl.    0*- 0*)