Subject: Re: Intel 82562EX and Intel 82540EI
To: None <selvany@cat.co.za>
From: Havard Eidnes <he@netbsd.org>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 10/18/2003 12:05:53
> I am currently testing NetBSD 1.6.1 on an Intel D865GBF motherboard.
> The lan subsystem on this m/board provides the ffg. functions:
>
>                     Basic 10/100 Ethernet LAN ( Intel 82562EX) or 10/=
100/100 Gigabit Ethernet LAN (Intel 82540EI)

> The fxp device is enabled in the kernel however the following
> lines are displayed in the dmesg file:
>
>         Intel product 0X1051 (ethernet network, revision 0x02) at pci=
1 dev 8 function 0 not configured

> Any ideas as to how I can get the LAN to work?

This ethernet chip family is not supported by the 'fxp' driver.

You need to use the 'wm' ethernet driver.  If you already have
that driver in your kernel, it may be that this particular chip
has not been added to be recognized by the driver.  The change
*may* be just as simple to make it recognize the chip, or it
could be more involved.

Regards,

- H=E5vard