Subject: lossage following rebuild of xsrc
To: None <netbsd-users@netbsd.org>
From: Greg Troxel <gdt@ir.bbn.com>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 10/11/2003 09:50:12
On 1.6.1-stable/i386, I rebuilt xsrc recently.  I had two problems,
and I suspect leftover crud in my build tree, so I am stripping down
to pure cvs bits and will try again.  But, I'll list my
problems/workarounds in case they help someone else.

1) Matrox 200 drive would not start, claiming it could not find
   mga_hal module.  I've had this card since July 1999, and never knew
   about this module.  Googling/rtfming/utsling inform me it is for
   DVI and 2nd head support in some cards (mine does neither), and
   that the default behavior is to load/use it if available and
   otherwise just continue.  I added Option "NoHal" to XF86Config, and
   then the server ran.

2) xdm complained about not finding
   /usr/X11R6/lib/X11/xdm/libXdmGreet.so
   I found this in /usr/X11R6/lib/, and symlinked to it, and now xdm
   runs/works, but has a different-looking login screen, without the
   xf86 logo.

For now I'm blaming imake for the second problem, and hoping tha my
new build will fix all this.

--
        Greg Troxel <gdt@ir.bbn.com>