Subject: Re: next stable release version number (was re: Semaphore p1003.1b)
To: Ian Thomas <ipthomas@mac.com>
From: Christos Zoulas <christos@zoulas.com>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 10/02/2003 07:58:21
On Oct 1, 11:14pm, ipthomas@mac.com (Ian Thomas) wrote:
-- Subject: Re: next stable release version number (was re: Semaphore p1003.1

1. It all depends on time availability. Right now, the tree compiles and
   produces a working java and javac, that have problems with threads.
   I.e. simple programs and compiles work fine, but trying to compile a
   few hundred files together does not work.
2. Yes we are working on the same tree.

christos

| 	Is this really going to be in NetBSD 2.0?  I know that FreeBSD just got
| a working native JDK not to long ago.  I'm going to assume that the
| version
| for NetBSD will be based on that.  Would that be correct?  Not to short
| change
| the other additions, but no native Java is the only reason I develop at
| all on
| another platform, that platform being OS X.  It would be ideal to keep
| the
| workstation completely separate from the desktop.
|
| <snip>
|
| Ian P. Thomas
-- End of excerpt from Ian Thomas