Subject: Re: USB -> ATA Adaptors
To: None <netbsd-users@netbsd.org>
From: Bruce J.A. Nourish <bjan+netbsd-users@bjan.net>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 09/29/2003 11:41:27
On Mon, Sep 29, 2003 at 12:27:47PM -0400, Andy Ball wrote:

> Hello,
>
> Can anyone point me in the direction of a
> USB -> ATA adaptor that works with umass?

For 2.5" or 3.5" drives?

I bought a $20 2.5" hard drive adaptor off eBay and it works perfectly.
I don't know the brand name (it wasn't a well-known brand) so I'm
can't tell you much more than that :-(.

I think USB mass storage devices are fairly standardized. There is
a strong motive for manufacturers to do so, because recent versions
of Windows ship with generic drivers for common methods of
implementing mass storage over USB, and one of the selling points
of USB drives is that work practically anywhere without needing
custom drivers.
--
Bruce J.A. Nourish <bjan+public@bjan.net> http://bjan.net