Subject: Re: NetBSD being used as the core for secure OS distro
To: Michal Pasternak <michal@pasternak.w.lub.pl>
From: Greg A. Woods <woods@weird.com>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 09/27/2003 03:29:15
[ On Saturday, September 27, 2003 at 01:47:41 (+0000), Michal Pasternak wrote: ]
> Subject: Re: NetBSD being used as the core for secure OS distro
>
> I don't know, if you have used it, but FreeBSD 5.1 is not even stable enough
> to run my normal desktop operations.

I haven't personally used it for anything important (just a couple of
hardware tests), but I know several people who do use it daily, some for
their primary desktop or laptop, and some on production servers.  They
claim they are very happy with it so far.  Some have even used it since 5.0

I also know a few others who have reported serious problems too.

(I haven't used it because I agree it's not stable enough, but....  :-)

(BTW, I do run netbsd-1-6 on all my production servers!  ;-)

--
						Greg A. Woods