Subject: Re: UPS control software?
To: Wolfgang S. Rupprecht <wolfgang+gnus20030924T131723@wsrcc.com>
From: Manuel Bouyer <bouyer@antioche.eu.org>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 09/26/2003 22:27:57
On Wed, Sep 24, 2003 at 01:21:48PM -0700, Wolfgang S. Rupprecht wrote:
> Well, it isn't that graceful, is it?  The only way I can see to power
> off is to tell the UPS to power down in 30 seconds and then quickly
> shutdown all the processes and hope one of them doesn't hang for 30
> seconds.

I set it to more than 30s.
Processes shouldn't actually hang a shutdown for too long on NetBSD. The
only real problem can be NFS timeouts against an already down server.

But if the shutdown process really takes too long, you'll run out
of batteries before the system has halted :)

--
Manuel Bouyer <bouyer@antioche.eu.org>