Subject: Re: NetBSD being used as the core for secure OS distro
To: , <netbsd-help@NetBSD.org>
From: David Forrai <david.forrai@gemair.com>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 09/25/2003 09:40:08
First, this sounds like an interesting project and I wish you the best
of luck with it.

As for your question FreeBSD vs NetBSD:  Given that your goal is to have
a bloat-less system, I would think it would be easier to fork your
project from a highly portable bloat-less "acedemic" system like NetBSD
than trying to pare down a bloated "commercial" system like FreeBSD.

> Now, my question...I was drawn to NetBSD because of its small size
(not much
> package litter in basic install...wonderful) and its portability.
However,